The classic red and blue Hello Kitty was the theme for baby girl Olivia’s 1st birthday. Her mom picked that theme since she said Olivia looked like Hello Kitty whenever she would smile, and I had to agree with her after meeting the sweet angel!
The old-school illustrations of this…
Smores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: roughly 50 palm sized cookies | Oven Temp: 375 | Bake time: 6 min, then 4 min
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened unsalted sweet butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (I use light, but dark or regular works fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (I didn’t measure out, but I think that if you use 8+ crackers ground up, it’s too much, but it didn’t ruin my cookies. Def don’t put in more than 1 cup.)
- 3-4 hershey’s chocolate bars (depending on how many pieces you want in your cookies)
- Mini Marshmallows (however many you want to put in. I had jumbo marshmallows that I ripped up into bits, that works too)
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl separately, set aside.
- Let the butter soften and mix in the sugars and vanilla until solid and creamed fully. Add eggs, mix until eggs are fully mixed in and gradually add the sugar (probably about 3-4 segments of pouring it in and then mixing)
- Mix in the chocolate chips, and then mix in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes at first, then take the half-baked cookies out of the oven and put in your marshmallows/chocolate bits. Stick back in the oven for another 4 minutes until they’re done - they might look a little soft, don’t let them burn!
Enjoy with friends around a campfire, without all the messy makings of s’mores. (: